Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Exploration - For Cabana



I discovered The Exploration at a super yucky time in my life, and they just kind of stuck with me. I listened to Demography until it literally melted in my tape deck, and their newest ep, For Cabana was released on Driftwood records for Pre-Order on July 9th, Digital downloads already available.

This Grand Rapids, Michigan based band consists of Kyle and Garrett, and they've been together for some time. I mistakenly discovered them after making a mixtape for someone, and was immediately hooked on the subtle screams, twinkly riffs and heartfelt nature of the songs on Demography. However, For Cabana has a totally different approach in my opinion. It speaks more of growing up and leaving adolescence behind, subtly attacking The American dream, which we all try to avoid. Reminiscent of a softer Desaparecidos, in a way. For Cabana leaves you wondering what these guys will put out next, and so far, is my favorite album.




No comments:

Post a Comment